lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mohit Verma <mohit.verma...@gmail.com>
Subject looking for some help
Date Sun, 07 Jun 2009 06:02:33 GMT
Hi,
I am currently working on a project where I need a desktop search API
in Java, I looked around and found a lot of high level java projects
based on Lucene, I got a lot of links pointing to one "Lucene Desktop"
- Java based project to compete with Google Desktop, but those links
are not working now, and Lucene Desktop seems to be a project written
in C# for Windows platform.

I wanted to know if the Lucene Desktop (Java) project which is
multi-platform still active with a different name? If not, then can I
use any of the other Lucene sub-projects for the same? And yeah btw,
is there a Java API for beagle or strigi?

Thanks a lot,

--
Mohit Verma
BITS Pilani-Goa Campus