lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Newman, Billy" <Billy.New...@itt.com>
Subject Using lucene in a clustered app server
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 20:02:55 GMT
I am trying to figure out the best way to add to a lucene index across a clustered app server.
 I cannot grab an IndexWriter for each node in the cluster, because I would run into lock
file problems.  I am not sure if I can share one IndexWriter across the cluster because what
happens when two or more nodes update the same thing.  Anyone have any insight?

Thanks.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for
e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check this
e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage
caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.