lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "stefan" <ste...@intermediate.de>
Subject AW: OutOfMemoryError using IndexWriter
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 07:02:47 GMT

Hi,

>But a "leak" would keep leaking over time, right?  Ie even a 1 GB heap
>on your test db should eventually throw OOME if there's really a leak.
No not necessarily, since I stop indexing ones everything is indexed - I shall try repeated
runs with 120MB.

>Are you calling updateDocument (which deletes then adds)?
Yes I do, I do not know in my code whether the document is already indexed or not. In my test
case I do delete the
complete index before the run, so all documents should be new to the index. I still use update
though, since I
this piece of code is generic.

I shall post my results.

Stefan