lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "stefan" <ste...@intermediate.de>
Subject AW: OutOfMemoryError using IndexWriter
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 14:08:09 GMT

Hi,

I do use Win32.

What do you mean by "the index file before
optimizations crosses your jvm memory usage settings (if say 512MB)" ?

Could you please further explain this ?

Stefan

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Sudarsan, Sithu D. [mailto:Sithu.Sudarsan@fda.hhs.gov]
Gesendet: Mi 24.06.2009 15:55
An: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Betreff: RE: OutOfMemoryError using IndexWriter

 Hi Stefan,

Are you using Windows 32 bit? If so, sometimes, if the index file before
optimizations crosses your jvm memory usage settings (if say 512MB),
there is a possibility of this happening.

Increase JVM memory settings if that is the case.

Sincerely,
Sithu D Sudarsan

Off: 301-796-2587

sithu.sudarsan@fda.hhs.gov