lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "stefan" <ste...@intermediate.de>
Subject OutOfMemoryError using IndexWriter
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 08:08:43 GMT
Hi,

I am using Lucene 2.4.1 to index a database with less than a million records. The resulting
index is about 50MB in size.
I keep getting an OutOfMemory Error if I re-use the same IndexWriter to index the complete
database. This is though
recommended in the performance hints.
What I now do is, every 10000 Objects I close the index (and every 50 close actions optimize
it) and create a new
IndexWriter to continue. This process works fine, but to me seems hardly the recommended way
to go.
I've been using jhat/jmap as well as Netbeans profiler and am fairly sure that this is a problem
related to Lucene.

Any Ideas - or post this to Jira ? Jira has quite a few OutOfMemory postings but they all
seem closed in Version 2.4.1.

Thanks,

Stefan