lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: question about (problem with?) use of FieldCache$StringIndex
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 21:32:56 GMT
This class is used, when you sort your result against a field, which
contains string values (no numerics). For each field sorted on / index a
separate StringIndex is created, that stays persistens until the index is
closed (because it costs much CPU to build this stringindex, this is why the
first sorted query takes some extra time). You cannot change the size, you
can only disable sorting. Or sort against a better data type like ints or
other numerics (if you can encode you sort order as a number).

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de