lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Index Concurrent access
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:53:36 GMT
Have you tried the patch on LUCENE-1026?  It's rather standalone from
Lucene's core -- it adds a convenience layer (for interleaving
reads/writes) on a single index.

Or, code it up yourself.  As of 2.9 (not yet released -- available on
trunk now), near real-time search makes this particularly simple.
You'd keep a writer open indefinitely, to do deletes/adds, then call
writer.getReader() to get a new IndexReader that sees all changes done
against that writer.  You can then separately call writer.commit() to
make all changes permanent (written to stable storage) in the index,
as your app requires.

Multiple users making changes should be simple, since IndexWriter is
thread safe..

Mike