lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: How to distribute lucene using rsync
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 09:19:23 GMT
Note that when using rsync, you must first close the IndexWriter, else
the copy can be corrupt.

If having to close IndexWriter (and stop indexing) is a hassle, then
you should use SnapshotDeletionPolicy; it was created exactly for this
reason (to take a backup of the index even while further indexing is
proceeding).

Mike