lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to support stemming and case folding for english content mixed with non-english content?
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 16:12:51 GMT
KK, is all of your latin script text actually english? Is there stuff like
german or french mixed in?

And for your non-english content (your examples have been indian writing
systems), is it generally true that if you had devanagari, you can assume
its hindi? or is there stuff like marathi mixed in?

Reason I say this is to invoke the right stemmers, you really need some
language detection, but perhaps in your case you can cheat and detect this
based on scripts...

Thanks,
Robert

--