lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From KK <dioxide.softw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to support stemming and case folding for english content mixed with non-english content?
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 12:05:05 GMT
Thanks Robert. This is exactly what I did and  its working but delimiter is
missing I'm going to add that from solr-nightly.jar

/**
 * Analyzer for Indian language.
 */
public class IndicAnalyzer extends Analyzer {
    TokenStream ts = new WhitespaceTokenizer(reader);
    ts = new PorterStemFilter(ts);
    ts = new LowerCaseFilter(ts);
    ts = new StopFilter(ts, StopAnalyzer.ENGLISH_STOP_WORDS);
    return ts;
  }
}

Its able to do stemming/case-folding and supports search for both english
and indic texts. let me try out the delimiter. Will update you on that.

Thanks a lot.
KK

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Robert Muir <rcmuir@gmail.com> wrote:

> i think you are on the right track... once you build your analyzer, put it
> in your classpath and play around with it in luke and see if it does what
> you want.
>
> On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 3:19 AM, KK <dioxide.software@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Robert,
> > This is what I copied from ThaiAnalyzer @ lucene contrib
> >
> > public class ThaiAnalyzer extends Analyzer {
> >  public TokenStream tokenStream(String fieldName, Reader reader) {
> >      TokenStream ts = new StandardTokenizer(reader);
> >    ts = new StandardFilter(ts);
> >    ts = new ThaiWordFilter(ts);
> >    ts = new StopFilter(ts, StopAnalyzer.ENGLISH_STOP_WORDS);
> >    return ts;
> >  }
> > }
> >
> > Now as you said, I've to use whitespacetokenizer
> > withworddelimitefilter[solr
> > nightly.jar] stop wordremoval, porter stemmer etc , so it is something
> like
> > this,
> > public class IndicAnalyzer extends Analyzer {
> >  public TokenStream tokenStream(String fieldName, Reader reader) {
> >   TokenStream ts = new WhiteSpaceTokenizer(reader);
> >   ts = new WordDelimiterFilter(ts);
> >   ts = new LowerCaseFilter(ts);
> >   ts = new StopFilter(ts, StopAnalyzer.ENGLISH_STOP_WORDS)   // english
> > stop filter, is this the default one?
> >   ts = new PorterFilter(ts);
> >   return ts;
> >  }
> > }
> >
> > Does this sound OK? I think it will do the job...let me try it out..
> > I dont need custom filter as per my requirement, at least not for these
> > basic things I'm doing? I think so...
> >
> > Thanks,
> > KK.
> >

> > On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 6:36 PM, Robert Muir <rcmuir@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > KK well you can always get some good examples from the lucene contrib
> > > codebase.
> > > For example, look at the DutchAnalyzer, especially:
> > >
> > > TokenStream tokenStream(String fieldName, Reader reader)
> > >
> > > See how it combines a specified tokenizer with various filters? this is
> > > what
> > > you want to do, except of course you want to use different tokenizer
> [...]
I found
> out.

This
> is