lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using lucene in a clustered app server
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:15:00 GMT
I'd recommend using your favourite queueing service to pass all
updates to a central process, the one and only process that updates
the index.  If you don't already have a favourite queueing service,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Message_Service#Provider_implementations
lists several JMS implementations.

--
Ian.

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 9:02 PM, Newman, Billy<Billy.Newman@itt.com> wrote:
> I am trying to figure out the best way to add to a lucene index across a clustered app
server.  I cannot grab an IndexWriter for each node in the cluster, because I would run into
lock file problems.  I am not sure if I can share one IndexWriter across the cluster because
what happens when two or more nodes update the same thing.  Anyone have any insight?