lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to distribute lucene using rsync
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 09:12:53 GMT
Unless you optimize it or are doing weird things with merge factors
you won't get completely new files every time you update an index.
Some files will change, or be created, or deleted, and some won't.
Then you can just copy them wherever you want using rsync or whatever
you like.  We use rsync, mainly on non compound indexes although also
on compound, and it works well.

$ rsync -av --delete /local/index/dir-or-tree desthost::lucene

--
Ian.