lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bradford Stephens <bradfordsteph...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Seattle / PNW Hadoop + Lucene User Group?
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 18:58:06 GMT
Hey everyone!
I just wanted to give a BIG THANKS for everyone who came. We had over a
dozen people, and a few got lost at UW :)  [I would have sent this update
earlier, but I flew to Florida the day after the meeting].

If you didn't come, you missed quite a bit of learning and topics. Such as:

-Building a Social Media Analysis company on the Apache Cloud Stack
-Cancer detection in images using Hadoop
-Real-time OLAP
-Scalable Lucene using Katta and Hadoop
-Video and Network Flow
-Custom Ranking in Lucene

I'm going to update our wiki with the topics, and a few questions raised and
the lessons we've learned.

The next meetup will be June 24th. Be there, or be... boring :)

Cheers,
Bradford