lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nigel <nigelspl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Analyzing performance and memory consumption for boolean queries
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 01:38:52 GMT
On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 4:47 PM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:

> Have you tried out, if GC affects you? A first step would be to turn on GC
> logging with -verbosegc -XX:+PrintGCDetails
>
> If you see some relation between query time and gc messages, you should try
> to use a better parallelized GC and change the perm size and so on (se docs
> about GC tuning).

I'll definitely try this, and thank you for the GC options details that you
posted previously.  I have a test server that's exactly the same
configuration as our production boxes, which I need to use to try this out
(with the same indexes of course).  It's busy doing some unrelated work at
the moment but next week I should be able to do some tests.

Thanks,
Chris