lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nigel <>
Subject Re: Setting swappiness
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 19:54:11 GMT
This is interesting, and counter-intuitive: more queries could actually
improve overall performance.

The big-index-and-slow-query-rate does describe our situation.  I'll try
running some tests that run queries at various rates concurrent with
occasional big I/O operations that use the disk cache.  (And then set
swappiness to zero if it looks like it will help.)