lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nigel <nigelspl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Analyzing performance and memory consumption for boolean queries
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 18:42:23 GMT
Thanks Otis -- I'll give that a try.  I think this relates to the first
question in my original message, which was what (if any) of the inverted
index structure is explicitly cached by Lucene in the JVM.  Clearly there's
something, since a large JVM heap is required to avoid running out of
memory, but it can't be everything, otherwise OS caching would have no
effect.

Thanks,
Chris