lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From " \ listanand@gmail.com" <listan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Website Integration
Date Sat, 06 Jun 2009 01:30:45 GMT
Hi Gary,

Yes, that certainly helped. Thanks for your reply.

Personally for me, it is interesting to hear about Grails, Ruby etc. I
usually only see folks using PHP, CGI etc. But, maybe it's just me. I
felt like I was being a little anachronistic in using JSP/Servlets.

Thanks again.
Anand

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Gary Moore <gary@littlebunch.com> wrote:

> I would suggest you take a look at Solr -- http://lucene.apache.org/solr -- which requires
essentially no Java knowledge to use.  It has a Python client which at the very least might
help with the learning curve.   If you want to try an alternative to JSP/Servlets for your
web framework, there's Grails/Groovy (http://grails.org/) which for me is a heck of a lot
of fun.   BTW, there's a Grails plugin available which uses  Compass/Lucene.   Who knows,
it might be enough for you.   A lot of folks are using Rails/Ruby/Solr which is also worth
checking out.