lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From " \ listanand@gmail.com" <listan...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene Website Integration
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 23:03:37 GMT
Hi all,

I need to develop a website that allows for searching and browsing the
underlying documents collection. I am going to be using Lucene as the
underlying search engine. I am however not very familiar with web
development, and am new to Lucene as well. I have used JSP/Servlets
before, and since Lucene is written in Java I am guessing that that
will be the way forward this time as well.

My question is, is using JSP/Servlet an appropriate approach for what
I am trying to do? Also, I am more familiar with Perl and Python than
with Java. So, should I consider using any other Lucene implementation
(Plucene/PyLucene) etc.and go the CGI route instead?

Thanks in advance.