lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shashi Kant <shashi....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: P2P Lucene
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 10:35:05 GMT
Thanks for the up Otis. I will give this some more thought, prototype
some, and possibly put in a proposal for the Apache Incubator.

Ye,

I am not aware of Sixearch, but there are several P2P applications
e.g. WiredReach, Grub, Neurogrid etc.
However, my idea is quite a bit different from the existing apps.

It differs because it leverages a user's current networks (IM buddies,
social networks, Organizations/Institutes etc.)  instead of
any-to-any. There are several other differences, which I will flesh
out once I have given it more thought.

thanks for responding and email me off-list if you wish.

shashi
skant@alum.mit.edu