lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene 2.9 Release
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 19:54:08 GMT

>So... how about we try to wrap up 2.9/3.0 and ship with what we have,
>now? It's been 8 months since 2.4.0 was released, and 2.9's got plenty
>of new stuff, and we are all itching to remove these deprecated APIs,
>switch to Java 1.5, etc.
>
>We should try to finish the issues that are open and underway... but I
>think many of the issues marked 2.9 now, especially those not even
>started, should not in fact block 2.9.
>
>Mike

We would all, I think, like Lucene 2.9 to release soon.

Unfortunately, there are 56 open issues assigned to 2.9. They won't all
likely make it.

We have got to start pruning down the list.

If you are not going to be able to get to / finish an issue in a very
near time frame, could you help us all out and move the issue to 3.0?

Trying to finish any issues that are close would also be great
obviously, but as a beginning, if we could just get a better handle (eg
less issues to consider)
on what we have to finish off, that would be great.

I'm going to go though a bit and see if their are any obvious candidates
to push off soon.

I suppose, if there is something that you really want to be sure is in
2.9, and its not likely to be finished shortly, you should probably
speak up too.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com