lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Gary Moore <g...@littlebunch.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Website Integration
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2009 00:20:28 GMT
I would suggest you take a look at Solr -- http://lucene.apache.org/solr
-- which requires essentially no Java knowledge to use.  It has a Python
client which at the very least might help with the learning curve.   If
you want to try an alternative to JSP/Servlets for your web framework,
there's Grails/Groovy (http://grails.org/) which for me is a heck of a
lot of fun.   BTW, there's a Grails plugin available which uses
Compass/Lucene.   Who knows, it might be enough for you.   A lot of
folks are using Rails/Ruby/Solr which is also worth checking out.
HTH
Gary