lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Radha Sreedharan <radh...@gmail.com>
Subject Searching for a special character
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 17:30:23 GMT
Hi all,

I am using a Standard analyzer on both my search field and my query.
I use a  SpanNearQuery to search on the search field.
One of the query terms has  special characters like ( - round open bracket
and ) - round close bracket  : How does Lucene handle this?
Also, the search field has ( and  ) : How does Lucene handle this? Is it
treated as white space and ignored?

Is it possible to search for special characters ? ie if my query has ) then
it should search for it and only if my search field has ) , it should give
me a hit.

Regards,
Radha