lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Radha Sreedharan <radh...@gmail.com>
Subject Highlight - SimpleSpanFragment
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 17:55:25 GMT
Hi all,

I am using *SimpleSpanFragment *to find the words a few positions around the
match.

I am specifying the number of characters, which is the second parameter of
the *SimpleSpanFragment *constructor .

However, it always gives the words to the right of the match and does not
give me the words to the left. ( I need both sides ie around the match ).

On searching through the existing material on the forum, I can gather that
getting the words around the match is possible. But, the examples I saw were
for SimpleFragmenter

Is the issue because I am using *SimpleSpanFragment ?  *Why shouldnt it work
for *SimpleSpanFragment  ?
*
Any help will be deeply appreciated..*
*