lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Search fails every time
Date Sun, 07 Jun 2009 16:40:27 GMT
If I had to guess, I'd say you have some type of Analysis mismatch
between what you are indexing and what you are searching.  Do you
really want to use the KeywordAnalyzer?

You might use Luke (http://www.getopt.org/luke) to have a look at your
index and see if that sheds some light.

Also have a look at the Lucene FAQ: http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ

-Grant

On Jun 6, 2009, at 6:25 PM, Delip Rao wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Mentioned below are snippets from my indexing and searching code.
> For some
> reason, I get zero hits all the time even for terms present in the
> document
> collection. Can somebody point out where I'm going wrong? I'm using
> lucene-core-2.4.0.jar.
>
> Thanks!
> Delip
>

> -----------------------
> Indexer.java
>
> Directory dir = FSDirectory.getDirectory(path);
> indexWriter = new IndexWriter(dir, new KeywordAnalyzer(),
>     true, IndexWriter.MaxFieldLength.UNLIMITED);
>
> // initialize docid and fileContents (in a loop)
>
> currentDocument = new Document();
> currentDocument.add(new Field("id", docid,
> Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.NOT_ANALYZED));
> currentDocument.add(new Field("content", fileContents,
> Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.ANALYZED));
>
> indexWriter.addDocument(currentDocument);
>

> ----------------------
> Searcher.java
>
> indexSearcher = new IndexSearcher(indexPath);
> queryParser = new QueryParser("content", new KeywordAnalyzer());
>
> Query query = queryParser.parse(queryString);
> TopDocCollector collector = new TopDocCollector(100);
> indexSearcher.search(query, collector);
> System.err.println("Hits: " + collector.getTotalHits());

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

using Solr/Lucene:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search