lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fuzzy vs Prefix query Performance
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:34:18 GMT
Well, if you're seeing it, it's possible <G>....

But the first question is always "what were you measuring?" Be aware
that when you open a searcher, the first few queries can fill caches, etc
and
may take an anomalously long time, especially if you're sorting. So could
you give more details of your test setup?

Best
Erick