lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shay Banon <>
Subject Delete by docId in IndexWriter
Date Sun, 28 Jun 2009 09:21:16 GMT

   I have a case where deleting documents by doc id make sense (I know
before hand the docs I want to delete based on the doc id). I am wondering
why the API is not exposed in the IndexWriter (as it is in IndexReader). I
understand that this API is more "expert" than typical usage, but it allows
for certain optimization on my end (already performed the query for deletion
and I have the doc ids, so I don't want to perform it again...). It looks
like the DocumentsWriter already has support for deleting by document id, so
I was wondering if it is possible to expose it in IndexWriter.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message