lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From mitu2009 <musicfrea...@gmail.com>
Subject Synchronizing Lucene indexes across 2 application servers
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 04:10:42 GMT

I've a web application which uses Lucene for search functionality. Lucene
search requests are served by web services sitting on 2 application servers
(IIS 7).The 2 application servers are Load balanced using "netscaler".

Both these servers have a batch job running which updates search indexes on
the respective servers in the night on a daily basis.

I need to synchronize search indexes on these 2 servers so that at any point
of time both the servers have uptodate indexes. I was thinking what could be
the best architecture/design strategy to do so given the fact that any of
the 2 application servers could be serving search request depending upon its
availability.

Any inputs please?

Thanks for reading!