lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From vanshi <nilu.tha...@gmail.com>
Subject how to deal with too many clause error in boolean query.
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 19:16:38 GMT

Hello all,

I have a situation where a field is indexed like this
(FAC_NAME(Field.Store.NO, Field.Index.NO_NORMS)) and keyword analyzer is
used on this field. Although, I'm aware that NO_NORMS doesn't use any
analyzer.

Now, the query +(FAC_NAME:fa*) is failing with 'Too many clause exception'
in my application. I tried to query the index directly through 'Luke; and it
is coming up with same exception. If I change the query to have three
letters like +(FAC_NAME:fai*) then it is returning results.

What could be the cause of errror? Is it due to 'NO_NORMS' field??