lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From vanshi <nilu.tha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom sorting!
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 14:02:55 GMT

Can somebody take a look in why I'm not getting the correct alphabetical
order?

I changed last_name field to be 'UN_TOKENIZED' and sorting on only last
name, then network status. But with last name as 'J' in query, I am getting
results like:

JACOBSON
JOHNSON
JAHN

I would expect 'JAHN' to come before 'johnson'.

can somebody suggest wht's going wrong here.

Vanshi