lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ganesh" <emailg...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Term Frequency vector consumes memory
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2009 07:37:06 GMT
At the end of the day, I used to build the stats of top indexed terms. I enabled term frequency
for the single field. It is working fine. I could able to get the top terms and its frequencies.
It consumes huge amount of RAM. My index size is 5 GB and has 8 million records. If i didn't
enable term vector then i could do index up to 17 GB with 40 million records.

When IndexReader/ Searcher is opened, whether it will load all term vector frequncies?

Consider i have enabled this option and indexed say 5GB, Now i don't want the Reader / Searcher
to load term vector. I want to switch off this feature? Is that possible without re-indexing?

Regards
Ganesh