lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Joel Halbert <j...@su3analytics.com>
Subject Re: Synchronizing Lucene indexes across 2 application servers
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 08:23:32 GMT
do they have to be kept in synch in real time?
does each server handle writes to its own index which then need to be
propagated to the other server's index?

From a simplicity point of view, to minimise the amount of self consistency
checking that needs to happen I would suggest even having a third, master
index, to which all writes happen. As writes are applied to the master they
are then propagated to the 2 servers. You then just need to keep a track of
the latest document written to each of the two "slave" servers, and in vcase
of failure/recovery on either you just request all deltas since the last
known record on each.

--
Joel Halbert
020 3051 8637