lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Nada Mimouni" <mimo...@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Same score for different fields
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 16:16:49 GMT
Hi,

I have created a Lucene index with two fields.

Let's take this example entry from my index as displayed by Luke:

Field               |   Norm      |        Value

<term>         |  0.375        |     average

<term>         |  0.375        |     salary

<term>         |  0.375        |     professional

<term>         |  0.375        |     baseball

<term>         |  0.375        |     player

<term>         |  0.375        |     of

<seq>            |  0.625        |     average salary

<seq>            |  0.625        |     baseball player

When I run the search, documents that contain hits of the field with
the highest norm (or score : is it the same?), in this case the field
"seq", are ranked in the top.

How can I give similar scores for both fields?

Thank you.

Nada