lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Paul J. Lucas" <p...@lucasmail.org>
Subject Re: Migrating from Hit/Hits to TopDocs/TopDocCollector
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 14:40:21 GMT
On Jun 11, 2009, at 1:49 AM, Ian Lea wrote:

> This thread seems to be veering well away from your original
> straightforward question on how to convert your straighforward code.

So what?  It's about Lucene and hence on-topic.  Why do you care?

> If you want or need these advanced solutions, fine, but if your
> existing code was fast enough the modified versions suggested earlier
> are probably fast enough too.

I never claimed the original code was fast enough.  I'd like to
optimize it now to future-proof it rather than forget about it and
never get around to it.

But, again, why do you care?

- Paul

P.S.: My "Why do you care?" questions are rhetorical.  I really don't
care what your answer is.