lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Moshe Cohen <mos...@gmail.com>
Subject Deleted files considered for scoring
Date Sun, 10 May 2009 21:37:25 GMT
Hi,
I am using Lucene 2.4.1 via Pylucene and have encountered the following
behavior:
When there are deleted documents in the index the search scores are
identical to those that exist had those documents not been deleted.
If I optimize the index and the deleted documents are actually removed, the
the scoring is the same as if those documents were never indexed at all.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?
Optimization is not a feasible option for my use where there are as many
indexing actions as searching, and they are mixed.