lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Newman, Billy" <Billy.New...@itt.com>
Subject OS not allowing me to get native fs lock
Date Wed, 13 May 2009 20:04:55 GMT
I know that this is not really a lucene problem but looking around I have not been able to
find much about it.

I recently ran into a problem where I cannot obtain a lock due to a problem with native file
system locks.  The strange thing is that this was working a few days ago and I have just started
seeing problems today.  As far as I know nothing has changed, but I am sure something did
actually change to cause this problem I am just not sure where to start looking.

I get a LockObtainedFailedException... java.io.IOException: protocol family not supported...
Caused by..sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.lock0(NativeMethod)

Any ideas on were to start looking would be extremely helpful. I am running on Redhat 4.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for
e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check this
e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage
caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.