lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Searching index problems with tomcat
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 17:20:06 GMT
If it is a webstart app, how do you distribute the index. The webstart app
is downloaded to the user's computer and executed there. The index is not
transferred on webapp download, if it is not included in the JAR file.
Opening indexes from within JAR files (using Class.getResourceAsStream) is
not supported by Lucene. So your application must first download the index
somehow from your server and e.g. store it in a RAMDirectory or a temp
folder.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler