lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: MultiFieldQueryParser - using a different analyzer per field...
Date Fri, 01 May 2009 21:57:01 GMT
Hi Erick,

this is not what he wants to do, I think.

He wants both things at once: One query string that searches both fields
with different analyzers. For searching more than one field at once, he can
use MultiFieldQueryParser, but not if the analyzer for both fields is
different (because the query string itself is also analyzed, but the two
different analyzers will produce different tokens which cannot be directly
searched in both fields). So the query string should produce two different
anaylzed tokens and the search for each token group should be done in
parallel.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen