lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question wrt Lucene analyzer for different language
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 14:47:33 GMT
in the case of ArabicAnalyzer it will only change Arabic tokens, and will
leave english words as-is (it will not convert them to lowercase or anything
like that)

so if you want to have good Arabic and English behavior you would want to
create a custom analyzer that looks like Arabic analyzer but also invokes
lowercasefilter, perhaps also some english stemmer, etc etc.

--
Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com