lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RegexQuery Incomplete Results
Date Fri, 08 May 2009 13:13:13 GMT
I'm surprised that it matches either - don't you need ".*in" where .*
means match any character zero or more times?  See the javadoc for
java.util.regex.Pattern, or for Jakarta Regexp if you are using that
package.

Unless you're an expert in regexps it is probably worth playing with
them outside your lucene code to start with e.g. with simple
String.matches(regexp) calls.  They can take some getting used to.
And try to avoid anything with backslashes if you can!

--
Ian.