lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jason Rutherglen <jason.rutherg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting an IndexReader from a committed IndexWriter
Date Fri, 15 May 2009 01:47:30 GMT
Hi Shay,

I think IndexWriter.getReader from LUCENE-1516 in trunk is what
you're talking about? It pools readers internally so there's no
need to call IndexReader.reopen, one simply calls IW.getReader
to get new readers containing recent updates.

-J

BTW I replied to the message on java-user@lucene.apache.org.