lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nate <n...@n4te.com>
Subject Re: interpreting scores
Date Fri, 08 May 2009 04:57:30 GMT
Hi Karl,

No, sometimes there will not be a matching MP3 for a note file. When
this happens, the results I get are very poor. For example, if a song
with a common song word like "love" in the name does not have a
matching note file, then I get a handful of results that contain the
word "love" but are otherwise obviously not a good match. I need some
way to judge the quality of the matches, or possible some other
approach to doing the search that helps avoid false positives.

On your clue, I have been reading about ngrams. Very interesting! I
see it is very useful for spell checking. However, how would I
leverage ngrams for my needs? Would the Lucene SpellChecker classes be
of any use?

I really feel like I'm floundering here. I am more than willing to put
in the work, I just need a push or two in the right directions. :)

Thanks!
-Nate