lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aditya" <aditya.kulka...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: how to get the word before and the word after the matched Term?
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 14:07:52 GMT
Continuing to what Matt said, answer to your question: there is no direct
library to give this.
Also try sandbox based "highlight" related code base.

Best Regards,
Aditya

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Hall [mailto:mhall@informatics.jax.org]
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 6:58 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: how to get the word before and the word after the matched Term?

Well, when you get the Document object, you have access to the fields in
that document, including the text that was searched against.

You could simply retrieve this string, and then use simple java String
manipulation to get what you want.

Matt

Kamal Najib wrote:
> Hi all,
> I want to  get the word before and the word after  the matched Term.For
Example if i have the Text " The drug was freshly prepared at 4-hour
intervals . Eleven courses were administered to seven patients at this dose
level and no patient experienced nausea or vomiting" and the matched Term
for example "patient" i want to get the word level and the word
experienced("and" and "no" are stop words, therefore i d'ont want to get
them.).I have looked at the Class Termposition but in this Class i can only
get the position of the matched Term, how can i get the word before and
after it, any suggestion?.
> Thank you in advance.
> Kamal

Matthew Hall