lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From John Byrne <john.by...@propylon.com>
Subject Re: How to create a new index
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 09:53:26 GMT
You can do this with pure Java. Create a file object with the path you
want, check if it exists, and it not, create it:

File newIndexDir = new File("/foo/bar")

if(!newFileDir.exists())   {

    newDirFile.mkdirs();
}

The 'mkdirs()' method creates any necessary parent directories.

If you want to automate the generation of the path itself, then there
are several ways to do it, but the best way really depends on *why*
you're generating a new index. For instance, you could just create a
timestamped name, but that name might not be very meaningful.

Hope that helps!

-John