lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Eric LeVin <ejlevin1....@gmail.com>
Subject Problems searching index
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 14:00:47 GMT
Hi Everyone--
    So I'm not quite sure what is going on with my Lucene index, but I'm
having some issues searching.  I've created a simple little index of 10
documents as follows:

id: 1
type: Article
content: <<some content>>

id: 10
type: Article
content: <<other content>>

So I created a simple TermQuery for starters that would pull back all of
my Article types:

BooleanQuery bq = new BooleanQuery();
bq.add(new TermQuery(new Term(FIELD_TYPE, "Article")), Occur.MUST);

I realize that I could simply do a TermQuery, but I want to be able to
add additional content constraints after I get this working.  So here is
where my confusion comes in:

If I run the query against my IndexSearcher, I get 0 results; however,
if I run it as a delete on the IndexWriter, I can open it in Luke and
see the entire index deleted.  So why would the writer be finding
documents and the searcher wouldn't?  As a note, whenever I am adding
documents, I am calling reopen() on the reader.  Here is how I'm
creating the writer/reader/searcher:

KeywordAnalyzer ka = new KeywordAnalyzer();
        analyzer.addAnalyzer(FIELD_ID, ka);
        analyzer.addAnalyzer(FIELD_TYPE, ka);
        analyzer.addAnalyzer(FIELD_CONTENT, contentAnalyser);

        indexWriter = new IndexWriter(directory, analyzer, true,
MaxFieldLength.UNLIMITED);
        indexReader = IndexReader.open(directory);
        indexSearcher = new IndexSearcher(indexReader);

Any thoughts?  Thanks so much for all the help!

-Eric LeVin