lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Hall <mh...@informatics.jax.org>
Subject Re: how to get the word before and the word after the matched Term?
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 13:28:16 GMT
Well, when you get the Document object, you have access to the fields in
that document, including the text that was searched against.

You could simply retrieve this string, and then use simple java String
manipulation to get what you want.

Matt

Kamal Najib wrote:
> Hi all,
> I want to  get the word before and the word after  the matched Term.For Example if i
have the Text " The drug was freshly prepared at 4-hour intervals . Eleven courses were administered
to seven patients at this dose level and no patient experienced nausea or vomiting" and the
matched Term for example "patient" i want to get the word level and the word experienced("and"
and "no" are stop words, therefore i d'ont want to get them.).I have looked at the Class Termposition
but in this Class i can only get the position of the matched Term, how can i get the word
before and after it, any suggestion?.
> Thank you in advance.
> Kamal

Matthew Hall