lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Dimulescu <adrian.dimule...@gmail.com>
Subject get term neighbours
Date Sun, 03 May 2009 21:39:06 GMT
Hello,

I am post-processing a positional index -- with a field like the following:

doc.add(new Field(Constants.FIELD_TEXT, txt, Store.NO, Index.ANALYZED,
TermVector.WITH_POSITIONS));

At post-processing, I want to retrieve the neighbours of a given term
within a given range. That is, if document x contains the sequence :

"Alabama experienced significant /recovery as the economy of the state/
transitioned from agriculture to diversified interests in heavy
manufacturing"

for range = 3 and term = "economy", I want to retrieve "recovery as the
*economy* of the state".

I see there is an API call :

IndexReader.termPositions(term)

which retrieves the actual positions of the given term. Is there a quick
way to retrieve its neighbours too, instead of browsing all terms for
all document and see if their position is close to the position of the
central term ?