lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Radha Sreedharan <radh...@gmail.com>
Subject Modifying score based on tf and slop
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 17:44:57 GMT
Hi all,

All I have is a query running on a document with a single field which
has some search value. This is all which will be present.
No more documents / fields.

I have the following specific requirements

1) Length of document should not affect score - Implemented as per
lucene documentation using concept of Fair Similairty by making
lengthnorm as 1

2) The no of times a term in the query  occurs in the search field
should not affect the score

3) I am using the spannearquery. Hence the slop should affect the score.

I implemented 2) by changing the tf to return 1 if freq >0 .

But this adversely affects  3) as the slop value is factored into the
tf ( as per what I can see in the span scorer)

How can I ensure the frequency of a certain term does not affect the
score while at the same ensuring that the slop does affect it ?

Thanks,
Radha