lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About sort questions
Date Thu, 21 May 2009 14:17:19 GMT
I suspect that your boost values are too small to really influencethe scores
very much. Have you tried using boost values of, say,
d:5^100 OR uid:10^10 OR lang:lisp ?

But if you have specific documents that you *know* you want in
specific places, why play around with boosting at all? You can use
something like (untested pseudo code)

TermDocs td = blah blah blah
td.seek(new Term("uid", "5"));
if (td.next()) {
   Document doc = IndexReader.document(td.doc());
   ...now do whatever you want with the document
}

Note that this just gets the first doc with matching terms, but from
your mail I'm assuming you're working with unique IDs....

Best
Erick