lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: relevance function for scores
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 13:13:27 GMT
Have you looked at TopDocCollector? Basically, you can tell itto only return
you the top N docs by score (N is arbitrary).
What you then have is an array of raw score and doc ID pairs
AND a max score.

NOTE: "raw score" is not normalized, i.e. is not guaranteed to be
between 0 and 1.

So now you can examine the scores and put them in buckets any
way you want, all you're doing is spinning through a small data
structure performing some calculations.....

HTH
Erick