lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting a score of a specific document
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 14:34:42 GMT
Hmmm, come to think of it, if you pass the Filter to the search I*think* you
don't get scores for that clause, but you may want to
check it out...

So I think you should think about implementing a HitCollector
and collect only the documents you care about.

This is really very little extra work since all the documents have
to be evaluated anyway.

I'm not sure what you mean by statistics for the whole index. I suspect
you're wondering if the scores reflect all the documents. But you don't
care because scores are not relevant between different queries, and
if they are calculated only within the query you're running, all the
documents returned have scores that rank them relative to each other.

Best
Erick